Wednesday 13 February 2013

OUGD502 - Food Packaging Ted X

Lets stop over designing!

Sophie Maxwell gives an interesting insight into food packaging, Maxwell is educated outside of the graphic design industry (Degree in fashion) however the point about "hyper-realness" in design has raised some questions.





I put two questions to The Chase in Manchester as I am aware that they have designed children's food snacks "Kooks". The outcome that Chase achieved was sympathetic to the child and mother, however it did not use "over kill" graphics to enhance the look of the food within the package. 





I included the Maxwell video to cement my point with The Chase, John Watters has been telling us to never be afraid of contacting companies and agencies for any reason. The Linked In model of connecting with everyone you have a synergy with is finally taking hold on my down time at home. I am not designing at home, but I am sharing ideas and feeling involved in a wider community of creatives.

These are exciting times.




No comments:

Post a Comment